TRAFFIC ALERT: Planned Road Closures for Weekend of May 21-22, 2022
Published on May 18, 2022
The Arlington County Police Department will conduct road closures to accommodate four upcoming events taking place during the weekend of Saturday, May 21 – Sunday, May 22, 2022.
2022 Drew Dragon Dash
The 2022 Drew Dragon Dash will take place in the Green Valley neighborhood on Saturday, May 21, and will begin at approximately 9:00 a.m. The following roadway will be closed in order to accommodate the event:
From approximately 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- S. Kenmore Street, between 22nd Street S. and the Shelton parking garage (3215 24th Street S.)
Jennie Dean Opening Celebration
The Jennie Dean Opening Celebration will take place in the Green Valley neighborhood on Saturday, May 21, and will begin at approximately 12:00 p.m. The following roadway will be closed in order to accommodate the event:
From approximately 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 2700 block of S. Oakland Street (Shirlington Dog Park parking lot)
The Shirlington Dog Park will remain open and will be accessible through the 2600 block of S. Nelson Street.
Shirlington Spring Fling: A Village Block Party
The Shirlington Spring Fling: A Village Block Party will take place in the Village at Shirlington on Saturday, May 21, and will begin at approximately 11:00 a.m. The following roadways will be closed in order to accommodate the event:
From approximately 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Campbell Avenue, from S. Quincy Street to the Hilton Garden Inn
- S. Randolph Street, from Dudley’s to the alleyway behind CVS
2022 Girls on the Run 5k Race
The 2022 Girls on the Run 5k Race will take place in the Ballston neighborhood on Sunday, May 22, and will begin at 8:30 a.m. The following roadways will be closed in order to accommodate the event:
From approximately 3:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- N. Taylor Street will be closed in both directions from Wilson Boulevard to Fairfax Drive
From approximately 7:15 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Fairfax Drive, from N. Utah Street to Kirkwood Road
- 10th Street N., from Fairfax Drive to Washington Boulevard
- N. Irving Street, from 10th Street N. to 7th Street N.
- 9th Street N., from N. Irving Street to N. Garfield Street
- 7th Street N., from N Irving Street to Washington Boulevard
- N. Highland Street, from 7th Street N. to 10th Street N.
- N. Garfield Street, from 10th Street N. to 7th Street N.
- Washington Boulevard (eastbound lanes only), from 10th Street N. to Pershing Drive
- Wilson Boulevard will be closed in both directions at 10th Street N. Westbound traffic will be diverted onto Fairfax Drive, while eastbound traffic will be turned south prior to Jackson Street, where drivers can access Pershing Drive and maneuver around the race course.
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) Bus routes will be detoured but remain operational during the event.
Street parking near the events may be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary “No Parking” signs. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222.