MEDIA ALERT: Ballston Multimodal Improvements Ribbon Cutting
Published on November 16, 2022
The public and the media are invited to a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of the Ballston Multimodal Improvements project at the Ballston Metrorail Station.
The event represents the end of two years of construction to upgrade the layout of bus bay terminals on Fairfax Drive and North Stuart Street. The improvements include extending the public plaza for pedestrians, dedicated bus bays for faster entry and exit of buses, upgraded bus shelters, and new signage and lighting.
This transformation of the Ballston Metro bus terminal is the first of its magnitude since the station first opened in 1977. Since then, the neighborhood has grown immensely as have transit offerings with the creation of Arlington Transit (ART) bus and the addition of the Metrorail Silver Line.
To learn more about the project, visit the Ballston Multimodal Improvements project page.
- Ballston Multimodal Improvements Ribbon Cutting
- Robin McElhenny, Project Manager, Arlington County
- Dennis Leach, Director of Transportation, Arlington County
- Matt De Ferranti, Member, Arlington County Board
- Jennifer DeBruhl, Director, Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation
- Leroy Jones, Senior VP of Bus Services, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Tina Leone, CEO, Ballston Business Improvement District
- Thursday, November 17, 10:00 a.m.
- Ballston Metro Station Bus Bays, 4230 Fairfax Drive
- Accessible by Metrorail, Metrobus 23ABT, 38B, 2A, 25B, 1AB, 10B, 22A, and ART 42, 51, 52, 53, 72, 75,
- Garage parking available in the vicinity of the event