TRAFFIC ALERT: 2021 Jennifer Bush-Lawson Memorial 5k
Published on November 16, 2021
ARLINGTON, Va. – The 7th Annual Jennifer Bush-Lawson Memorial 5k & Family Fun Day will take place on Saturday, November 20th, 2021. The Arlington County Police Department will conduct the following road closures from approximately 8:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in order to accommodate the event:
- Yorktown Boulevard, from Little Falls Road / N. Greenbrier Street to N. Kensington Street
- Little Falls Road, from N. Edison Street to Yorktown Boulevard & from Yorktown Boulevard to N. Ohio Street
- N. Lexington Street, from Yorktown Boulevard to 27th Street N.
- 28th Street N., from the dead end to N. Lexington Street
- 27th Road N., from the dead end to N. Lexington Street
- 27th Street N., from N. Lexington Street to N. Ohio Street
- John Marshal Drive at 27th Street N.
- N. Ohio Street, from 27th Street N. to Little Falls Road
The public should expect to see an enhanced police presence in the area, and motorists are urged to follow law enforcement direction, be mindful of closures, and remain alert for increased pedestrian traffic. Additionally, other closures not mentioned above may be implemented at law enforcement discretion in the interest of public safety.
Residents of the affected areas will be escorted through the road closures, as necessary, to minimize the impact on the community. All roadways are expected to reopen by 11:00 a.m. Community members are asked to park vehicles in driveways to reduce the congestion on the course and to allow for normal traffic conditions to return as quickly as possible.