TRAFFIC ALERT: 2019 Arlington Police, Fire & Sheriff Memorial 9/1
Published on September 04, 2019
— The 18th annual Arlington Police, Fire & Sheriff Memorial 9/11 5K
race will take place on the evening of Saturday, September 7, 2019. The Arlington County Police Department will close several roadways around the Pentagon and in Crystal City to accommodate the event. The following roadways will be affected:
From 3:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.:
- Army Navy Drive closed between S. 12th to S. Eads St.
From 5:45 p.m. until approximately 6:30 p.m.:
- Westbound Army Navy Drive closed from S. Eads St. to S. Joyce St.
- NOTE: All streets crossing Army Navy Drive (including access to I-395 S/B) will be closed for approximately 20 minutes
- S. Joyce Street closed from Army Navy to Columbia Pike
- Columbia Pike closed from Pentagon South Parking to S. Joyce St.
- I-395 Northbound HOV exit to S. Eads St. will be closed.
From 5:45 p.m. until approximately 8:00 p.m.:
- Westbound Washington Blvd closed from Memorial Bridge to I-395
- Southbound Rt. 110 closed from Rosslyn to S. 15th Street.
- Marshall Dr. closed at Rt. 110
- S. Eads St closed from Army Navy Drive to S. 11th St.
Street parking in the area will be limited and motorists should be on the lookout for temporary "No Parking" signs. Illegally parked cars will be ticketed and towed. Traffic is expected to be impacted along the route and the surrounding areas. Travelers are encouraged to leave extra travel time, seek alternate routes, or utilize other forms of multimodal transportation to reduce road congestion.