Arlington Transit Operations and Maintenance Facility Groundbreaking
Published on June 13, 2022
The public and media are invited to join Arlington County at the groundbreaking for the Arlington Transit (ART) Operations and Maintenance Facility. The ceremony will take place at the site of the future facility at 2629 Shirlington Road, Arlington, VA 22206, in the Green Valley neighborhood.
This new facility represents the culmination of over eight years of planning to ground ART maintenance and operations in Arlington. It provides a modern long-term facility for reliable service, a high-quality work environment for ART's front-line workforce and supports the long-term growth and sustainability of ART.
ART provides bus service throughout Arlington on 16 routes, supporting travel by our residents, workers, and visitors. ART has significantly increased its number of routes and hours of service over the past 10 years and plans to continue growing during the next 20 years, supported by a fleet of more than 100 buses. In 2019, ART provided over 2.95 million passenger trips (prior to the start of the pandemic) and is expected to provide over 3 million annual trips post-pandemic.
To learn more about the project, visit the project webpage.
- Groundbreaking ceremony for the ART Operations and Maintenance Facility
- Pierre Holloman, Assistant Transit Bureau Chief
- Christian Dorsey, Vice Chair, Arlington County Board
- David Snyder, Vice Chair, Northern Virginia Transportation Authority, Councilmember, City of Falls Church
- Monica Backmon, Chief Executive Officer, Northern Virginia Transportation Authority
- Jennifer Debruhl, Director, Department of Rail and Public Transportation
- James Davenport, Vice Chair, Transit Advisory Committee
- Sarah Steinberger, Chair, Public Facilities Review Committee
- Wednesday, June 15, at 10 a.m.
- 2629 Shirlington Road, Arlington VA, 22206
- By transit: ART 87, Metrobus 23ABT, Metrobus 10B
- By personal vehicle: On-site parking is available