Operation FirePaws Returns August 1
Published on July 24, 2019
The fourth year of Operation FirePaws
, the Arlington County Fire Department's (ACFD) month-long charity drive for the adoptable pets at the Animal Welfare League of Arlington
(AWLA), kicks off next week. Community members can drop off needed pet supplies to designated donation bins at Arlington fire stations. Look for the bins in the front lobby or outside the front door of each station.
Donations will be accepted from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day from Aug. 1 to Aug. 31. ACFD will present the donations to AWLA in early September. Check AWLA's list of needed donations.
The AWLA will not accept milk bones, boxed hard/homemade treats, or used beds.
Since it started in 2015, Operation FirePaws volunteers delivered more than 1,600 pounds of donated goods to the AWLA. During this year's drive, both ACFD and AWLA will share animal safety tips with the community. There will also be opportunities to meet firefighters and animal control officers.
- Fire Station 1 (500 S Glebe Road)
- Fire Station 2 (4805 Wilson Blvd.)
- Fire Station 3 (4100 Old Dominion Dr.)
- Fire Station 4 (3121 10th St. N)
- Fire Station 5 (1750 S Hayes St.)
- Fire Station 6 (6950 Little Falls Road)
- Fire Station 8 (4845 Lee Hwy.)
- Fire Station 9 (1900 S Walter Reed Dr.)
- Fire Station 10 (1791 N Quinn St.)