*CANCELED* TRAFFIC ALERT: 2019 Crystal City Twilighter 5K Race
Published on July 17, 2019
- Due to the excessive heat watch in effect for July 20, the Crystal City Twilighter scheduled for tomorrow evening has been canceled. Registered participants will receive information from the event organizer, Pacers Running
.ARLINGTON, VA. —
The Arlington County Police Department will close several roadways to accommodate the Crystal City Twilighter 5K
Race on the evening of Saturday, July 20, 2019. The road closures will occur between the hours of 6:00 PM and 11:15 PM and will limit access to several underground parking garages in the area.
The following road closure will take place from 6:00 PM and 11:00 PM:
- The entirety of Crystal Drive between 23rd Street and 20th Street
The following road closure will take place from 8:00 PM and 11:00 PM:
- Northbound lanes of Crystal Drive between 23rd Street and 26th Street
- Northbound lanes of Crystal Drive between 12th Street and 20th Street
- North and Southbound lanes of Long Bridge Drive as well all traffic around 6th S., 10th St. S., and S. Ball Streets.
The Southbound Lanes of Crystal Drive will remain open between S. 15th
Street to S. 20th
Street and S. 23rd
Street to S. 26th
In the interest of public safety, the exits to the underground garages located in the 2100 block of Crystal Drive (next to Capital One Bank) and the 2200 block of Crystal Drive (next to Ted's Montana Grill) will be closed after the race starts and will remain closed until it is finished. Motorists are encouraged to seek alternative locations.
In addition to the closures, street parking in the area will be restricted. Motorists should be on the lookout for temporary "No Parking" signs, and illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed. If your vehicle is towed from a public street, call the Emergency Communications Center at 703-558-2222