TRAFFIC ALERT: 33rd Annual Army Ten-Miler Race
Published on September 19, 2017
— The Arlington County Police Department will close several streets near the Pentagon on Sunday, October 8, 2017, for the 33rd
annual Army Ten-Miler race. The race begins at 7:50 a.m. on Route 110, crosses the Potomac River into the District of Columbia, returns to the Commonwealth via I-395 HOV and ends in the Pentagon north parking lot.
The following roads in Arlington County will be affected:
- Route 110 between Rosslyn and Crystal City will be closed in both directions at 5:00 a.m. (Use the George Washington Memorial Parkway as an alternative)
- I-395 HOV northbound from Crystal City to the 14th Street Bridge will be closed at 6:00 a.m.
- Eads Street from Army Navy Drive into the Pentagon/northbound I-395 HOV lanes will be closed at 5:00 a.m.
- I-395 southbound HOV exit to S. Eads Street / Pentagon south parking lot will be closed at 5:00 a.m.
- Route 27 in both directions from George Washington Memorial Parkway to I-395 will be closed at 7:00 a.m.
- Army Navy Drive from S. Eads Street to S. 12th Street at 8:00 a.m.
- 12th Street from S. Eads Street to Long Bridge Drive at 8:00 a.m.
- Long Bridge Drive will be closed from S. 12th Street to Boundary Channel Drive at 8:00 a.m.
All roads should reopen by 2:00 p.m.
In addition, access to the Pentagon north parking lot will be restricted to "Authorized Vehicles Only" from 4:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Parking for Pentagon employees and Pentagon Memorial patrons will be available in the south parking lot via Columbia Pike and S. Fern Street.
Runners, spectators and support personnel are encouraged to use Metro, as parking is limited. The Pentagon and Pentagon City stations on the Blue and Yellow Lines are located within walking distance of the start and finish lines.
For more information about the Army Ten-Miler, please visit the official website at www.armytenmiler.com.