MEDIA ALERT: County, State Officials to Mark Completion of Arlington
Published on September 25, 2017
Arlington County Board Chair Jay Fisette along with senior County staff and officials from Virginia's Department of Rail and Public Transportation (DRPT) to celebrate on Sept. 26 the completion of the Arlington Transit (ART) Light Maintenance Facility.
ART is growing and provided more than 3.4 million rides on 17 bus routes over the past year. The new state-of-the-art facility will provide crucial storage space for 25 of 65 buses, fueling, maintenance and wash service for the entire ART fleet. The surrounding streetscape was upgraded to improve the facility's functionality and appearance.WHAT:
- Ribbon cutting for the ART Light Maintenance Facility
- Arlington County Board Chair Jay Fisette
- Arlington County Director of Transportation Dennis Leach
- Department of Rail and Public Transportation Chief of Public Transportation Jennifer B. DeBruhl
- Tuesday, Sept. 26, 10:30 a.m.
- ART Light Maintenance Facility, 3201 South Eads St., Arlington.
- Parking is limited: Use the back of the facility in the coned-off areas on the southeast corner, Route 1 side, by the fence line against WMATA Four Mile Run.