Media Alert: Arlington Celebrates Two New Group Homes as Developmenta
Published on February 25, 2016
The public is invited to join the Arlington County Board at a proclamation ceremony on Tuesday, March 1 declaring March 2016 "Including People with Developmental Disabilities Month." The Board and County staff will celebrate the recent opening
of two new group homes in Arlington for residents with intellectual disabilities who had been living in state-run regional institutions.What:
- Proclamation Ceremony and remarks
- Arlington County Board
- Arlington Community Services Board Developmental Disabilities Committee
- The Arc of Northern Virginia
- Arlington Department of Human Services
- Arlington Department of Parks and Recreation
- Group home contractors Community Residence, Inc. and Good Neighbor Homes, Inc.
- Tuesday, March 1, 2016
- Reception and refreshments: 8:30 to 9 a.m.
- Proclamation ceremony: 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Refreshments: 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Arlington County Board Room, 2100 Clarendon Blvd., 3rd Floor, Arlington, VA 22201 (Courthouse Metro. Parking available in the lower level parking garage).
If you require auxiliary aids (e.g. sign language interpretation) or materials in alternative formats, please call 703-228-1700 or 703-228-1788 TTY to request accommodations at least three business days in advance of this event.