February 2016 County Board Meeting Agenda Highlights
Published on February 12, 2016
Items of interest that the Arlington County Board will consider at its February Board Meeting, on Sat., Feb. 20 and Tues., Feb. 23.
Saturday, Feb. 20 Regular Meeting — View the agenda and read the staff reports for this meeting.
(Note: this meeting starts at 8:30 am with public comment.)
• Actions to help achieve the Western Rosslyn Area Plan's vision for future development. The Board will consider amending the General Land Use Plan, Master Transportation Plan and Zoning Ordinance to further the goals of the Western Rosslyn Area Plan (WRAPs). The actions will help achieve the plan's vision for future development within the area bounded by Wilson Boulevard to the south, Quin Street to the west, Key Boulevard and 18th Street to the north and the eastern boundary of the 1555 Wilson Boulevard property. The Staff Report for this Item, #9 on the Agenda for the Feb. 20 Regular County Board Meeting, has not yet been posted.
• Columbia Pike redevelopment. The Board will consider Orr Columbia Pike, LLC's proposed redevelopment of a large site at the corner of George Mason Drive and Columbia Pike, now home to the Food Star grocery store, into a mixed-use development of 365 multi-family housing units and 81,530 sq. ft. of ground floor retail, a public square and underground parking. The Staff Report for this item, #18 on the Agenda for the Feb. 20 Regular County Board Meeting,, has not yet been posted.
• Nearly $1.4 Million for Neighborhood Conservation. The Board will consider approving funding for four Neighborhood Conservation projects. The projects recommended by the Neighborhood Conservation Advisory Committee include $12,500 for a neighborhood sign in Shirlington, $798,222 for improvements to Nelly Custis Park in Aurora Highlands, $129,625 for a beautification project in Highview Park and $432,561 for street improvements in Barcroft. To read the Staff Report for this item, visit the County website. Scroll down to Item #10 on the Agenda for the Feb. 20 Regular County Board Meeting.
Tues., Feb. 23 Recessed County Board Meeting -- View the agenda for this meeting.
At the 3 p.m. session: The County Board Chair, members of the County Board and the County Manager will report on local and regional items of interest:
• At 6:30 p.m., the County Board will consider any items pulled from the Sat., Feb. 20 Consent Calendar. In addition, the Board will hold a Public Hearing and Consider:
• The Fiscal Year 2017 County Manager's Proposed Budget and related requests to advertise public hearings on tax rates and fees. The staff report on this item, #19 A-J on the Agenda for the Feb. 23 Recessed County Board Meeting, has not yet been posted. After the Proposed Budget is presented, the Board will hold a series of works sessions and two public hearings in March before adopting the Budget on April 16, 2016. To learn more about the FY 2017 Budget meetings, visit the County website.