Arlington County Board Approves Polling Place, Precinct Changes
Published on December 14, 2016
12/15/2016 This release was corrected to identify the new name of the former 041 Woodbury Precinct as 041 Navy League, and to add that 048 Courtlands is moving permanently from the former Arlington Education Building, 2801 Clarendon Blvd., to the AUSA Building, 2425 Wilson Blvd, and the precinct is being renamed 048 AUSA).
The Arlington County Board on Tuesday adopted changes to the ordinance on precincts and polling places to relocate several polling places and create two new precincts. The Board voted 5-0 to adopt the amendments to the ordinance. To read the staff report,
visit the County website. Scroll down to Item No. 21 on the agenda for the Dec. 13, 2016 Recessed County Board Meeting. Polling place and name changes:
- Moving the polling place for 006 Crystal City from Water Park Towers, 1501 Crystal Drive to Crystal Place 1801 Crystal Drive.
- Moving the polling place for 010 Wilson Precinct from Wilson School, 1601 Wilson Blvd., to the Art Atrium at Bennett Park Apartments, 1601 Clarendon Blvd.
- Moving the polling place for 022 Abingdon Precinct from Abingdon School, 3035 South Abingdon St., to the Fairlington Villages Community Center, 3005 South Abingdon St.
- Moving the polling place for 028 Claremont Precinct from Claremont Immersion School, 4700 South Chesterfield Rd., to Wakefield School, 1325 South Dinwiddie St.
- Changing the name of 043 Arlington Mill Precinct to 043 Campbell Precinct. The precinct originally voted at the Arlington Mill Community Center but now is at Campbell School — the name change better reflects the location.
- Moving the polling place for 041 Woodbury Precinct from the former Verizon Building, 1320 North Courthouse Rd., to the Navy League Building, 2300 Wilson Blvd., and changing the precinct name to 041 Navy League.
- Moving the polling place for 048 Courtlands permanently from the former Arlington Education building, 2801 Clarendon Blvd., to the AUSA Building, 2425 Wilson Blvd. The precinct will be renamed 048 AUSA.
Precinct boundary changes and new precincts
- Moving the portion of 026 Fillmore Precinct east of Washington Boulevard to 038 Arlington View Precinct. (Affects about 234 voters).
- Creating a new precinct, 053 Met Park, from part of 021 Virginia Highlands Precinct, with a polling place at The Bartlett, 520 12th Street South. About 2,400 voters will vote at The Bartlett, reducing the Virginian Highlands Precinct to about 2,250 voters.
- Changing the polling place of 021 Virginia Highlands Precinct from the Aurora Hills Recreation Center, 735 18th Street South, to the Aurora Hills Library at the same address.
- Creating a new precinct, 054 Garfield Park from part of 015 Lyon Park Precinct, with a polling place at Garfield Park Apartments, 925 North Garfield Street. About 1,500 voters, most from the part of Lyon Park Precinct east of Washington Boulevard and north of North Pershing Street, will move to Garfield Park, reducing Lyon Park Precinct to about 1,850 voters.
All voters affected by the precinct boundary or location changes will be mailed new voter information cards and notices, with the exception of voters in 006 Crystal City, 010 Wilson and 022 Abingdon, who were mailed new cards and notices prior to the November 8, 2016 election because of the emergency enactment of changes to those locations.
To apply to register to vote
, or to update your registration, visit the County website.