Love to travel near and far? Whether it's a trip across the River to see the newest exhibit, or a trip across the Atlantic to see Europe, Arlington County 55+ Travel welcomes you to join us. Bring along a friend, or make a new one, we have a friendly group who always welcome a new traveler. Don't worry; we take care of all the details such as tickets and transportation. We always send along a friendly travel volunteer to ensure that all the pieces fit together and to assist if any problems arise.
Day Trips by Bus
Board the bus at one of several senior locations and enjoy a sociable trip with all the details taken care of! AC 55+ Travel conducts more than a dozen day trips every month. Trips are advertised in the Arlington 55+ Guide. The first step in your journey: register for the Arlington County 55+ Pass. Call 703-228-4744 with any questions (TTY: 711).
Trip Sign Up Procedures
- Sign up for trips in person between 10am and noon on the second Monday of each month at Culpepper Garden, Lee, Thomas Jefferson, and Walter Reed. Next sign up date is Monday, January 13 (for February trips) and Monday, February 10 (for March trips).
- Online registrations begin at noon on the second Monday of each month. Next sign-up date is Monday, January 13 (for February trips) and Monday, February 10 (for March trips). See instructions for online registration below.
- Telephone registrations start the following day Tuesday at noon by calling 703-228-4748 (voicemail). Leave a message with your name, the trip date and destination and your meal choice if advertised. Next sign-up date is Tuesday, January 14 (for February trips) and Tuesday, February 11 (for March trips).
Online Travel Registration
- The first step is to call 703-228-4744 to receive a login ID and password.
- To register online, go to https://registration.arlingtonva.us and enter your login ID and password.
- A new web page will appear.
- Click on the "55-Plus" menu and then click on "Browser/Registration for 55+ Trips."
- Find the trip you are interested in and click on it. Then click "Enroll Now."
- Select the name of the individual your registering and click "Add to Cart." You will have the option to "Continue Shopping" or "Checkout." Click on one of those choices.
- When you get to "Checkout," you will be able to pay by credit card for your online registration.
Checks or credit cards are the preferred method of payment. However, Arlington County no longer accepts American Express as payment. Please make checks payable to 'Treasurer, Arlington County', with trip date, code number and pick-up location on check memo line, and mail to AC 55+ Travel, 300 N. Park Drive, Arlington, VA 22203. Remember that payments for trip reservations must be received within three working days, or reservations will be cancelled due to non-payment.
Day Trips (see additional details and trips in the 55+ Guide)
- Sat., Feb. 1 – Chocolate Lover's Festival, Fairfax, VA
- Sun., Feb. 2 – "Ragtime" at The Little Theatre of Alexandria, Alexandria, VA
- Tues., Feb. 4 – Potomac Mills, Woodbridge, VA
- Thurs., Feb. 6 – The First Baptist Church Organ Demonstration, Washington, DC
- Wed., Feb. 12 – MLK Exhibit at National Portrait Gallery, Washington, DC
- Fri., Feb. 14 – Valentine's Day Tea, Winchester, VA
- Thurs., Feb. 20 – National Public Radio Tour, Washington, DC
- Fri., Feb. 21 – Behind the Scenes Kennedy Center Tour, Washington, DC
- Mon., Feb. 24 – Library of Congress Tour, Washington, DC
- Wed., Feb. 26 – Hollywood Casino, Charles Town, WV
- Mon., Mar. 3 – Lunch at Culinaire Restaurant, Rosslyn, VA
- Wed., Mar. 5 – "Women's of Vision" Exhibit at National Geographic, Washington, DC
- Thurs., Mar. 6 – Philadelphia Flower Show, Philadelphia, PA
- Sun., Mar. 9 – "Ella, First Lady of Song" at Metro Stage, Alexandria, VA
- Thurs., Mar. 13 – St. Patrick Day's Pre-Lunch, Thurmont, MD
- Sat., Mar. 15 – Dover Downs Casino, Dover, DE
- Sun., Mar. 16 – "The Cheiftains" at GMU, Vienna, VA
- Tues., Mar. 18 – "Workt by Hand": Hidden Labor and Historical Exhibit, Washington, DC
- Wed., Mar. 19 – New Tanger Outlets at National Harbor, National Harbor, MD
- Thurs., Mar. 20 – National Aquarium in Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
- Fri., Mar. 21 – National Stadium Tour, Washington, DC
- Tues., Mar. 25 – Eisenhower Farm plus American Civil War Wax Museum, Gettysburg, PA
- Fri., Mar. 28 – Serenity Tea, Frederick, MD
- Sun., Mar. 30 – "Anybody for Murder" at Rainbow Dinner Theatre, Paradise, PA
Early Registration has already opened for the following trips, but there may be space available.
- Sun., Feb. 2 – "Ragtime" at The Little Theatre of Alexandria
- Sun., Mar. 9 – "Ella, First Lady of Song" at Metro Stage
- Sun., Mar. 16 – "The Cheiftains" at GMU
- Sun., Mar. 30 – "Anybody for Murder" at Rainbow
Heads Up Travelers!
- No refunds are granted on any trips which require meal reservations, tickets or chartered transportation unless staff is able to sell your reserved space.
- "48 hour prior to trip departure time" notice is required for a refund on all other day trips.
- Bus leaves PROMPTLY from each site at specified time.
- Return times are estimated.
- You need a 55+ Pass to travel with us (except for first-time guests).
- Checks or credit cards are the preferred method of payment.
- Returned Check Fee is $50.
Lee-parking and pick-ups are on N. Kentucky St.
Walter Reed-parking is in the back lot; pick-up in front of center.
Thomas Jefferson-parking and pick-ups are by the tennis courts.
When meal choices are advertised, indicate your choice when you register. A dollar sign ($) means lunch is on your own, a plate means the meal is included.