Love to travel near and far? Whether it's a trip across the River to see the newest exhibit, or a trip across the Atlantic to see Europe, Arlington County 55+ Travel welcomes you to join us. Bring along a friend, or make a new one, we have a friendly group who always welcome a new traveler. Don't worry; we take care of all the details such as tickets and transportation. We always send along a friendly travel volunteer to ensure that all the pieces fit together and to assist if any problems arise.
Day Trips by Bus
Board the bus at one of several senior locations and enjoy a sociable trip with all the details taken care of! AC 55+ Travel conducts more than a dozen day trips every month. Trips are advertised in the Arlington 55+ Guide. The first step in your journey: register for the Arlington County 55+ Pass. Call 703-228-4744 with any questions (TTY: 711).
Trip Sign Up Procedures
Sign up for trips in person between 10am and noon on the second Monday of each month at Aurora Hills, Culpepper Garden, Lee, Thomas Jefferson, and Walter Reed. Online registrations begin at noon on the second Monday of each month. Telephone registrations start the following day Tuesday at noon; call 703-228-4748 (voicemail).
Online Travel Registration
- The first step is to call 703-228-4744 to receive a login ID and password.
- To register online, go to https://registration.arlingtonva.us and enter your login ID and password.
- A new web page will appear.
- Click on the "55-Plus" menu and then click on "Browser/Registration for 55+ Trips."
- Find the trip you are interested in and click on it. Then click "Enroll Now."
- Select the name of the individual your registering and click "Add to Cart." You will have the option to "Continue Shopping" or "Checkout." Click on one of those choices.
- When you get to "Checkout," you will be able to pay by credit card for your online registration.
Checks or credit cards are the preferred method of payment. Please make checks payable to 'Treasurer, Arlington County', with trip date, code number and pick-up location on check memo line, and mail to AC 55+ Travel, 300 N. Park Drive, Arlington, VA 22203. Remember that payments for trip reservations must be received within three working days, or reservations will be cancelled due to non-payment.
Day Trips (see additional details and trips in the 55+ Guide)
- Wed., May 1 – Diplomatic Reception Rooms Tour, Washington, DC
- Thurs., May 2 – The British Pantry Tea Room, Aldie, VA
- Fri., May 3 – National Cathedral Flower Market, Washington, DC
- Mon., May 6 – National Arboretum Tram Tour, Washington, DC
- Thurs., May 9 – Historic Odessa, Odessa, DE
- Fri., May 10 – Suicide Bridge and Lunch, Hurlock, MD
- Wed., May 15 – Lunch at Culinaire, Arlington, VA
- Thurs., May 16 – "Showboat" at Kennedy Center, Washington, DC
- Sat., May 18 – Historic Scotchtown and Timbers Restaurant, Beaverdam, VA
- Sun., May 19 – Hollywood Casino, Charles Town, WVA
- Mon., May 20 – Rehoboth Beach, Rehoboth Beach, DE
- Fri., May 24 – QVC Tour and Longwood Gardens Tour, West Chester, PA
- Sat., May 25 – Garrison Keillor at Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA
- Mon., May 27 – Nationals vs. the Orioles, Washington, DC
- Wed., May 29 – Flight 93 National Memorial, Shanksville, PA
- Fri., May 31 – Bluegrass Jam, Round Hill, VA
- Sat., June 1 – Barnes and Rodin Art Museums, Philadelphia, PA
- Mon., June 3 – Potomac Mills, Woodbridge, VA
- Thurs., June 6 – Tea by Julia Faye, the Stone Mansion, Baltimore, MD
- Fri., June 7 – Glenstone Museum, Potomac, MD
- Sun., June 9 – "Company" at Signature Theater, Arlington, VA
- Mon., June 10 – A Day in Delaware (Walking Tour), Dover, DE
- Tues., June 11 – Dumbarton House Concert, Washington, DC
- Thurs., June 13 – Textile Museum, Washington, DC
- Fri., June 14 – Potomac Point Winery, Stafford, VA
- Mon., June 17 – Rod-n-Reel Restaurant/Chesapeake Beach Railroad Museum, Chesapeake Beach, MD
- Thurs., June 20 – Agecroft House/The Tobacco Company Restaurant, Richmond, VA
- Sat., June 22 – "Anything Goes" at Kennedy Center, Washington, DC
- Sun., June 23 – Dover Downs Casino, Dover, DE
- Tues., June 25 – Ocean City, Ocean City, MD
- Wed., June 26 – Nationals vs. The Diamondbacks, Washington, DC
- Fri., June 28 – Winterthur, Winterthur, DE
- Mon., July 1 – National Geographic Museum/Cheesecake Factory, Washington, DC
- Tues., July 2 – Kutztown Festival, Kutztown, PA
- Fri., July 5 – Luray Caverns, Luray, VA
- Wed., July 10 – Serenity Tea Room, Frederick, MD
- Fri., July 12 – Chez Andree's Bastille Day Lunch, Alexandria, VA
- Sun., July 14 – Hollywood Casino, Charles Town, WV
- Tues., July 16 – Museum of the Confederacy and White House, Richmond, VA
- Thurs., July 18 – Fredericksburg Paddlewheeler, Fredericksburg, VA
- Fri., July 19 – Bureau of Engraving Tour, Washington, DC
- Sat., July 20 – "I Do, I Do" at American Century Theater, Arlington, VA
- Tues., July 23 – Department of Interior Murals Tour, Washington, DC
- Wed., July 24 – Nationals vs. Pirates, Washington, DC
- Fri., July 26 – Maryland State House Tour, Annapolis, MD
- Sat., July 27 – "The Book of Mormon" at Kennedy Center
- Mon., July 29 – Fisherman's Crab Deck, Graysonville, MD
- We., July 31 – James Madison's Montpelier, Orange, VA
June and July Early Registration has already opened for the following trips, but there may be space available.
- June 9 - "Company"
- June 22 - "Anything goes"
- July 2 - Kutztown Festival
- July 20 - "I Do, I Do!"
- July 27 - "The Book of Mormon"
Heads Up Travelers!
- No refunds are granted on any trips which require meal reservations, tickets or chartered transportation unless staff is able to sell your reserved space.
- "48 hour prior to trip departure time" notice is required for a refund on all other day trips.
- Bus leaves PROMPTLY from each site at specified time.
- Return times are estimated. If you have a problem on the morning of the trip, call 202-630-4320.
- You need a 55+ Pass to travel with us (except for first-time guests).
- Checks or credit cards are the preferred method of payment.
- Returned Check Fee is $50.
Lee-parking and pick-ups are on N. Kentucky St.
Walter Reed-parking is in the back lot; pick-up in front of center.
Thomas Jefferson-parking and pick-ups are by the tennis courts.
When meal choices are advertised, indicate your choice when you register. A dollar sign ($) means lunch is on your own, a plate means the meal is included.