Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sign up for regular updates of events and schedules at Gunston.
Transit Options (within 1/4 mi)
Metrobus 10ABE, 22B, 23AC, 25PR
3 meeting rooms (1 with 12 person capacity; 2 with 30 person capacity each), multi-purpose room (100 capacity seated), game room, art studios, gymnasium, accessible pre-school and school-aged playgrounds, basketball courts (outdoor), tennis courts (outdoor), fitness room, baseball/softball diamond, synthetic grass and Bermuda grass soccer fields, picnic shelter, accessible public restrooms, water fountain, pay phones, healthy vending machines, wireless access
Some features are available to rent or reserve!
Contact Facilities Scheduling or visit the Rentals Facilities page.
The Gunston fitness room features free weights, elliptical cross-trainers, recumbent and upright bikes, CybexT strength training equipment, Stairmasters and a television set. There are no locker rooms at this facility.
- Friday from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. in the main gym
- Free of charge
- Open to the public (resident and non-resident)
- Players should bring their own equipment (racquets, birdies/shuttlecocks, etc.)
- There are a total of 6 courts, which generally means 4 players to a court as most play doubles. It is essentially first-come, first-served with the winning team staying on and the losing team coming off to allow for those who are waiting to play. Games are mainly played by men in their late teens to late 50’s.
- Please note that we do cancel from time to time when the school, which has priority of the gym, holds events there. Players who have shared their e-mail addresses with us will be notified of such cancellations whenever possible (when we have advance notice).
Table Tennis (Drop-In)
- Monday through Friday from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Drop-In Table Tennis Club Play is Tuesday & Thursday from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Free (Club Membership Tables require donation)
- Games are mainly played by men in their late teens to late 50's.
- Four tables are available for drop-in play and and Tuesdays and Thursday four additional tables are available for Table Tennis Club members. (Club membership requires donation.)
Basketball (Adult Drop-In)
- Monday and Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Saturday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon.
- Games are mainly played by men in their late teens through early to mid 50's
- Games are timed at 13 minutes or first team to score 11 points. Winning team stays on.
- Teen Afterschool Program: Monday - Friday, 4:15pm – 6:00pm
- Adults Public Access: Monday - Friday, 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- All Ages: Saturday, 9:00am – 4:30pm
This center also offers a Preschool or Co-Op Program.