A 36/42-inch sanitary sewer trunk line will be relined on S. Four Mile Run Drive located between S. Lang Street and I-395.
Traffic Update: From May 1 - June 14, 2013, a temporary traffic change will take place on 28th St. S, between 26th St. S and 24th St. S, due to needed access to a manhole. Parking will not be available at this section of the roadway.
Construction Update: From May 1 - June 15, 2013, an 18-inch bypass pipe will run from the intersection of 28th St. S and 26th St. S., through Troy Park, and onto the south side of S. Glebe Rd. Our crews installed a ramp for bike trail users, and we advise users to please slow down when crossing the ramp.
Work will be performed by Arlington County contractor, AM-Liners East, Inc., and is scheduled to take up to two months with a starting date of April 1, 2013.
- Set-up & Test Bypass/Diversion Phase 1: 4/1 – 4/7
- Segment 1 S. Shirlington Road along I-395: 4/8 - 4/14
- Segment 2 Cross I-395 - 26th Street S.: 4/14 - 4/21
- Remove Phase I Bypass, Set Up Phase 2: 4/22 - 4/28
- Segment 3 1700 - 2300 block 26th Street S.: 4/29 - 5/5
- Segment 4 1700 block 26th Street S.: 5/6 - 5/12
- Segment 5 1600 - 1500 block 28th Street S.: 5/13 - 5/19
- Segment 6 1500 28th Street S. - 2700 S. Lang Street: 5/20 - 5/26
- Segment 7 2700 S. Lang Street: 5/27 - 6/2
- Decommission Bypass/Diversion: 6/3 - 6/7
26th Street S., between S. Vance Street and 25th Street S., will be closed to through traffic 24/7 for approximately one week at the end of April, beginning of May.
For more information, please contact Hung Tran at (703) 228-7730.