J. Walter Tejada, Christopher Zimmerman, and Barbara Favola at a
Walking Town Meeting.
- Present communities, through their local civic associations, an opportunity to take County Board members and the pertinent County staff experts on a tour of specific routes in their neighborhoods to:
- identify issues of concern to residents
- share ideas on how the quality of life in the community can be enhanced or improved
- or to "show-off" their community.
- Tours will not be treated as problem-solving sessions but as an opportunity to bring 2 or 3 key issues and suggestions to the Board's attention for follow-up. The Board wants to listen and learn.
- The County Board Chairman will guide the tour.
2010 Walking Town Meeting - Neighborhood Selected
The County Board will hold a Walking Town Meeting with the North Rosslyn Civic Association on Wednesday, June 23 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The agenda and map of the walking route for this meeting will be available approximately one week prior to the meeting on the County Board Meetings and Agendas page.
- Following each Walking Town Meeting, the planner will prepare a follow-up report containing responses to issues raised during each tour.
- The report is intended to provide information and possible solutions, and evaluate the feasibility of suggestions.
- The County Board Office will provide a copy of the report to the local civic association president to share with its members and to other organizations and individuals in attendance.
- The County Board Office will post a copy of the report on its web site.