Rendering Image of Pierce Queen Apartments
The Site Plan was approved by the County Board on March 11, 2013.
A new site plan is proposed for the existing Pierce Queen Apartments. The proposal is the second residential project to apply for redevelopment under the Fort Myer Heights North Plan adopted in 2008. The proposal suggest to:
- Preserve and renovate two garden apartment buildings along 16th Street and demolish the remaining three structures, all of which were deemed Important in the Historic Resources Inventory;
- Construct a new 12-story residential tower with 186 new dwelling units, for a total of 198 dwelling units on site;
- Provide 207 off-street parking spaces, located partially below grade; and
- Create a mixed-income project with approximately 40% affordable housing units.
- Roughly between 16th Street on the north, Arlington Boulevard to the south, Pierce Street to the east, and Queen Street on the west. The Inn of Rosslyn motel abuts the property to the south.