Snow Status (Monday, March 25, 7 a.m.)
: Phase 2 Primary Routes. Snow crews treated bridges overnight to prevent icing where necessary. Primary (red) and secondary (blue) arterials will be treated today. VDOT is treating VDOT roads.Learn more about the County's snow status phases
- Call 9-1-1 for life-threatening emergencies. Emergency vehicles are equipped for travel on non-cleared roads.
- Plowing: Report streets that need plowing 48 hours after snowfall stops.
- Power outages and downed lines: Call Dominion Power at 888-667-3000.
- Hazardous and fallen trees/branches
- County roads & parks: Call 703-228-6525, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- State Roads: Call VDOT at 888-383-8368.
Preparedness & Safety
- Be patient and stay off the roads.
- Have food and water on hand — at least a 3-day supply.
- Park off the street; or coordinate with neighbors to park on one side of the street (minimum 15 ft. required for plows).
- Stay clear of downed power lines and downed trees in their vicinity.
- Remove snow and ice that you are responsible for and keep fire hydrants clear.
- Minimize use of de-icing chemicals.
- Help your neighbors. Lend a hand to a neighbor in need. Or register through Volunteer Arlington or your civic association.
- Read More