- Call 9-1-1 for life-threatening emergencies. Emergency vehicles are equipped for travel on non-cleared roads.
- Plowing: Report streets that need plowing 48 hours after snowfall stops.
- Power outages and downed lines: Call Dominion Power at 888-667-3000.
- Hazardous and fallen trees/branches
- County roads & parks: Call 703-228-6525, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- State Roads: Call VDOT at 888-383-8368.
Preparedness & Safety
- Be patient and stay off the roads.
- Have food and water on hand — at least a 3-day supply.
- Park off the street; or coordinate with neighbors to park on one side of the street (minimum 15 ft. required for plows).
- Stay clear of downed power lines and downed trees in their vicinity.
- Remove snow and ice that you are responsible for and keep fire hydrants clear.
- Minimize use of de-icing chemicals.
- Help your neighbors. Lend a hand to a neighbor in need. Or register through Volunteer Arlington or your civic association.
- Read More