Call our main number at 703-228-6525 to report problems in any public park or open space area, such as safety concerns, facility hazards, playground damage, graffiti and/or vandalism.
For Fallen Trees
- For all emergencies, call 9-1-1. This includes downed power lines, fallen trees that are blocking streets, and safety issues that need immediate attention.
- For power lines that are threatened by trees or branches, call Dominion Power at 1-888-667-3000.
- For hazardous trees or branches over State roads, call Virginia Department of Transportation at 1-703-486-3393.
- Call DPR at 703-228-6525 for fallen or hazardous trees and branches on Arlington County streets and in parks during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm).
- Trees on powerlines are by state law the domain of the utility company. As soon as powerlines are removed from trees, Arlington County can remove the tree.
For Downed Power Lines
- Stay clear of downed power lines and downed trees in their vicinity, even if you believe that the lines are dead or have been de-energized by the power company. Lines can become re-energized as circuits are restored or come into contact with live lines. Power company assessment crews often visit sites before repair crews are dispatched. Don't assume that lines have been de-energized just because a power company crew has visited the site.
For issues along our trails you may also contact us via email at Parks Maintenance.