Concealed Weapon Permit Application Instructions and Information
The application form can be downloaded at: Virginia State Police Department
or Application Form.
Carefully read all instructions at the State Police website before completing the form.
Please read carefully:
- You must be a resident of Arlington County or the City of Falls Church
- Pay a fee of $50.00 by cash; by check or money order made payable to the "Clerk of the Circuit Court"; or by credit card (Mastercard or Visa only; a service charge of four (4) percent of the amount paid will be collected for credit card payments).
- Provide evidence of competence with a handgun (i.e. proof from a qualified instructor, range, or military discharge papers)
- Provide the original application (signed and notarized), one (1) copy of the application (after it has been notarized), and two (2) copies of your certificate of competency - if needed.
- Provide one self-addressed, stamped (postage paid) envelope for the permit to be returned to the applicant.
A COPY OF YOUR CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY IS REQUIRED FOR NEW APPLICATIONS.
A COPY OF YOUR CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY IS NOT REQUIRED IF THIS IS A RENEWAL APPLICATION.