- The petitioner must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- The petitioner must be a resident of Arlington County or the City of Falls Church.
- The filing fee is $44.00. Payments may be made by cash; by check or money order made payable to "Clerk of the Circuit Court"; or by credit card (Mastercard or Visa only; a service charge of four (4) percent of the amount paid will be collected on credit card payments).
- The name change application and order MUST BE TYPED. Complete the application which must be notarized and complete the order leaving blank only where the Judge will date and sign the order. For minors, the application must be signed and notarized by both parents (or surviving parent).
- Submit a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- The processing time is approximately 3 to 4 weeks.
*** IF THE APPLICATION AND ORDER ARE INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE, THE DOCUMENTS WILL BE RETURNED UNPROCESSED.
View the highlighted fields which are required to be completed on the Form and Order before accessing the forms below.